Monday, August 22, 2011

Figure Drawings Over The Past Three Decades

I've been slacking here on these posts lately but not on my website. Recently I have looked into my archives for thousands of life drawings over the decades. Most of them are gesture drawings completed in about 10 to 15 minutes. All these were done in charcoal.

Go and have a peek at the web page I've created last week. You will find it here.

Being gesture drawings they are very rough but these can be quite dynamic with line and movement.

If anyone would like to do life drawing there is a wonderful group in Boulder, Colorado where they meet up three times a week. The sessions range from 5 minutes to half an hour with the mid week session is one long pose - mainly for painters.

There is also the Student League in Denver with weekly sessions. If you really want to be proficient at figure drawing, there is not shortcut but to go to one of these groups.


No comments:

Post a Comment