Friday, January 2, 2009

An Exciting Year Ahead!

This has been one of those exciting times of the New Year when I will go over the past year and locate all the failures I’ve had and the “not accomplished goals” and find out why these have not been attained.

I’ve had many wins this past 2008 and any given action I’ve done to achieve this I will duplicate and strengthen for this years goals. In fact, 2008 has been a great year for me. I am a relatively newbie on the internet and especially putting together my own web page.

It all started last February when I’d spent countless hours looking on the internet for any ideas I could do from home to make a modest income. There seems to be innumerable offers to make bucks from all and sundry. Your head begins to spin after awhile and you get to a stage where you do not believe anyone. It is all hype.

GRQ was an acronym I got to know well (get rich quick) and I discovered there is no such thing on the internet…it took some time to discover this but it eventually sunk in. “I get up at 10 am, have my coffee and start to work my 1 hour day in my PJ’s.” This came up so many times it made you want to puke!

There may well be genuine offers but not one GRQ that I found valid. I trashed them all. I also went through hundreds of “This is not a GRQ scheme” and found this was also a ploy to bet bucks from your wallet.

A friend then showed me his stats for the past year and how he struggled getting up his own website for his home made wooded toy products. I was impressed with his slow gains in the first few months which then took off after about 6 months; he had about 10 or so unique visitors a day to 300 in six months. In the first nine months he didn’t make a dime and then the orders slowly trickled in and the money followed.

He said, “Do yourself a favor and check out SiteSell.” Which I did and so in February last year I signed up with them and I’ve never looked back. It was a huge struggle at first learning HTML, how to write content, how not to spam and thousands of others things I had to put together—but eventually it all came together and I got my first check today from Adsense.

I’ve now had thousands of unique visitors a month and they are growing steadily and my CTR is creeping up slowly but surely.

If you have the time, go to my website and check it out. It would be great if you can leave feedback, good or bad…I always learn heaps from other people.

The best to you for 2009, may it be all that you have planned for and more!

http:www.familyfuncartoons.com

No comments:

Post a Comment